Algorand (ALGO) Review
Algorand is a scalable, secure, and decentralized digital currency and transactions platform.
Founded by Turing award winner and MIT professor Silvio Micali, Algorand is a permissionless pure proof-of-stake blockchain protocol. Unlike first-generation consensus mechanisms, Algorand's technology finalizes blocks in seconds and provides immediate transaction finality while preventing forks. Algorand does also not reward validators with newly minted tokens.
With a primary focus on developers and their needs, Algorand's node repository has been open-sourced and is publicly available. Algorand provides a robust set of developer tools, DApp analytics through a partnership with Flipside Crypto, and has a number of partners building on their blockchain, including OTOY, Syncsort, TOP Networks, Asset Block and more.
- Maximum Supply (# or Uncapped): 10,000,000,000
- Genesis Block / Distribution Date: June 11, 2019
- Consensus Mechanism (Precise): Permissionless, Pure Proof of Stake
- Emission Type (Precise): Fixed supply with Pre-minted rewards
- Block Time (Seconds): Sub 5 seconds
Used to have it but sold recently.