Holo Price Prediction 2021-2025 - Is It A Good Investment?
- What is Holochain?
- What is Hot?
- Hot Price Analysis for the Past Several Years
- Difficulties of Predicting the Holo Coin Price
- My Conservative 2021 - 2025 Price Prediction Made in January 2021
- March 31, 2021 Update
For many years people believed that blockchain networks were designed for financial services due to the cryptocurrencies that served as rewards. While that may be true for most blockchains available on the market today, there are some that didn’t go down that path. Holochain is one of those, and we are going to look at it today, including its prediction for Hot price over the next five years.
What is Holochain?
Before I dive into my Hot price prediction from 2021 to 2025, first the obligatory definition of the network behind it.
Holochain is a blockchain network that, unlike most others, is not one developed for financial purposes. Even though the technology behind it is similar, the purpose is quite different. It works as a network where the nodes can rent their storage space so that the other users on the network can use it. Holochain is technically based on Ethereum, making it an excellent platform for building decentralized apps. Interestingly enough, the apps are called hApps, short for Holochain applications.
Another advantage is that Holochain has the DHT algorithm implemented, which provides a few things that some of its competitors don’t. The first one is scalability, an aspect where Holochain excels. The second important one is that in order to have something written to the network, you don’t need a consensus from the entire network. Several nodes are able to create like a sub-blockchain network within the Holochain’s network and operate themselves.
What is HOT?
Blockchain networks reward their users with tokens, and Holochain’s token is called Hot. The reward system on this network doesn’t work like other networks where the nodes are responsible for mining, but at the end of the day, Hot is the reward for it.
At the end of March 2018 started the initial coin offering for Holochain priced at $0.0001. Hot is an ERC-20 token, so the funds were raised in Ether, and after a month, they managed to get about $20 million or around 30 thousand Ether.
Hot Price Analysis for the Past Several Years
Before I get into my Holo price prediction for the future, let us first examine the coin’s history. It first appeared on the market on April 30th, 2018, two days after the ICO ended at a price of $0.0004, four times higher than the one during the ICO. In the following week, we saw a significant increase where the price reached $0.0018, and in the next year, we didn’t see the Hot price reach anywhere near it.
After tumbling down to a price below the one it had when it appeared on the market, we witnessed a few spikes and even more dropped throughout 2018 and at the beginning of 2019. At the end of 2018, the token price managed to pass $0.00045, followed by an increase to around $0.0015. The price remained more or less around that number for the next couple of months. At the end of May 2019, there was another spike in price where Holo reached its all-time high of $0.0024, and things have been going down the hill since then. Even though the price continued to see some spikes in the past year and a half, the average kept on dropping. The pandemic didn’t help the Holo at all in regards to the price. Mid-March saw the lowest price in the history of the coin dropping to $0.00028, almost half of the initial price it had in 2018.
Things seemed optimistic in the following several months as Hot managed to reach $0.0009 before dropping again. At the time of writing this article (January 20, 2021), the Holo price is $0.00069 which is much better than the ICO price. The market cap is $117,240,434. The coin is the 120th biggest cryptocurrency on the market.
With the Holo price analysis out of the way, it’s time to take a look at the coin’s future.
Difficulties of Predicting the Holo Coin Price
Whenever I make any kind of prediction, I outline I try to be as reserved as possible. In other words, I don’t make any guarantees about which way the price of a certain coin will go, and I usually tell the side that I think is most likely to happen. In the case of the Holo coin, things are far more complicated and uncertain, far more than usual.
The first problem regarding the Holo price prediction is that the coin is not long enough on the market to be able to say with a higher certainty about its future. Regardless of that, there are come coins where a pattern in the graph can be clearly seen, which could show an insight into how it may increase or decrease in the future. Holo price analysis revealed nothing that could make me lean either way.
My Conservative 2021 - 2025 Price Prediction Made in January 2021
With that said, I think that there is a trend that I believe will continue in the next several years. As I didn't expect that the 2021 Bitcoin rally would hit so hard I was sure that the HOT price would keep on growing slowly. According to my initial forecast made in January 2021, I thought that the Holo price would hover around the $0.0007 mark with occasional ups and downs. At that time I believed that by the end of 2021 the price wouldn't get any higher than $0.0009. My prediction was that a similar trend would likely be continuing for the next several years all the way to 2025.
I didn't expect that the price would reach the 1 cent mark in the nearest years, however, I stated that sooner or later it would happen. I pointed out that the main problem with the price is the network is active, but it is not part of any bigger project that will put it on the radar. Even though the price depends on the activity and included members of the network, an external force is sometimes needed to bump up the price. For example, if a company decides to utilize Holochain and start developing apps on its network, we will see an increase in the price. In fact, we saw the HOT price was pumped by the overall crypto market warmth.
You can exchange Holo at Changelly PRO in a few moments! Changelly PRO is a cryptocurrency exchange launched this year by the development team that created the Changelly instant exchange in 2015. More than 80 trading pairs are represented on the exchange. Notable features include competitive commissions and support for margin trading.
March 31, 2021 Update
I've made the original Hot price prediction right before the powerful crypto rally. Those days it was hard to predict this strong and long growth of the prices of Bitcoin and altcoins, and Hot has followed this trend. I said that in the near future, the Holo price will be around $0.0007. The prediction was true for a couple of weeks, however in early February the price began to grow. By the mid February the price already reached $0.001. Holo gained 100 - 200% in the next month. On March 27, the price crossed the $0.01 mark.
As the market is still bullish these days, it is hard to say for how long the price will keep on rising. I believe the coin will keep on gaining the value. With a probability of 85% I predict that in the summer months Holo will reach 3 to 4 cents. There's a little chance that the crypto rally will end this year. I think it's a 15% chance that if the crypto market goes down this summer the price can drop to around $0.001.
In general, I believe we have all the reasons to think that the crypto market will be growing in the next few years as it gains more and more supporters among corporations and the richest people. Moreover, the projects will reach new levels of adoption and development. The growth of the entire blockchain industry will reflect in the Hot price, as well. In 2025 it will reach at least 50 cents.
Holochain is one of the many blockchain networks that have a lot of potentials. The way the network is developed can have many advantages, especially if you compare it with Ethereum, but the biggest flaw is the lack of support from the community. Not a lot of developers are utilizing it, which is why the price never really rose. That leads me to my opinion – Holo is not a good investment choice. With the current trend, the price will not increase to a level that will make a good investment in the next five years. In other words, you are better off putting your money in another coin.
On the other hand, there are several circumstances in which the Holo price will increase to the point that it will make a good investment. If more developers get on board or a big company decides to utilize the network, we may see it passing the $1 mark in the following years. The problem with this assumption is that it is hypothetical, and even though it is natural for the price to increase in a case like that, there is no guarantee.
Overall, I would say not to invest in the Holo coin, but to keep it on your radar. Follow the trend and see how things are going and if Holochain gets involved in a big project. If that happens, you may be looking at a good investment.
ICON (ICX) Price Prediction 2021-2025 - Buy or Not?May 07, 2021