Why You Should Switch to Bitcoin as Your Primary Payment Option
Despite existing for well over a decade, the cryptocurrency landscape is constantly evolving. Anyone who is even slightly interested in technology and its advancements must have heard of Bitcoin and its alternatives.
Just like with anything (relatively) new, people are too quick to judge — the Internet is still overflowing with conflicting opinions on whether Bitcoin is a reliable payment method or not. Nevertheless, we are here to quickly guide you through Bitcoin and show you the advantages of using it as your regular payment option.
Before we dive into the details, we should explain what Bitcoin essentially is. Once you understand how this cryptocurrency works, it will be easier to grasp the pros of using it daily.
What is Bitcoin?
Launched in 2009 by a mysterious individual or a group of people named Satoshi Nakamoto, Bitcoin represents a decentralized cryptosystem that allows its users to make online payments via digital coins.
Bitcoin was quickly accepted by tech-savvy users worldwide, and today it represents a common alternative to government-issued fiat currencies, such as the euro and the US dollar. What sets Bitcoin apart from other traditional payment services is the fact that it’s decentralized, meaning there is no regulatory body overseeing and controlling it.
Let’s see how it works. The users’ computers are linked to one another via one shared ledger. Every Bitcoin transaction is processed via a private network. At the same time, these payments are recorded on a blockchain on every computer allowing all the information to be updated in real-time.
The blockchain technology assumes the role of a regulatory body that usually controls fiat currencies. While it may seem confusing at first, it’s a secure and efficient payment method millions of people use every day.
If you want to find out more about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, visit learncrypto.com.
Advantages of Using Bitcoin as a Transaction Service
Now that we’ve gone through the basics of Bitcoin, let’s take a look at some benefits of using this crypto as your online payment option:
- Accessibility — Users don’t need to have access to traditional banking systems to use Bitcoin, unlike credit, debit cards, and other digital wallets. All you need to make a transaction is a computer or a mobile device and a good Internet connection.
- Anonymity — If you feel uncomfortable leaving your personal information online, Bitcoin is an excellent choice because it allows you to make transactions and maintain your anonymity.
- Low transaction fees — Unlike traditional banking methods with high transaction fees, Bitcoin users can avoid losing additional money for every payment they make. Given that Bitcoin isn’t government-run, the transaction fees are very low, even for international payments.
- Mobile bitcoin payments — Mobile devices have become something we can’t live without. Just like any other digital payment system, Bitcoin users can make transactions anywhere, as long as they are connected to the Internet. Additionally, crypto wallets can be accessed via a mobile device, allowing you to make payments on the go.
- Ease of use — Bitcoin is focused on peer-to-peer transactions, meaning you can send and receive payments from anyone who is a part of the network. There is no need to wait for the approval of any external authorities.
If you’re ready to take your online payments to the next level, Bitcoin is the way to do it. It’s an innovative take on the standard payments, but you have full control over every transaction. You won’t need to share any personal or banking information, and you can make instant payments on any online platform that supports Bitcoin. We say — give it a try!